Monday, January 30, 2006

Mark Feehily Says Let The Gays Marry

Mark FeehilyDUBLIN, IRELAND - Westlife singer, Mark Feehily spoke out in favour of gay marriage at the Childline gig in Dublin yesterday. Speaking to journalists after the show, he said Irish gay men and lesbians should have the same rights as those in the UK.
Dismissing rumours that he and his partner, Kevin McDaid would be tying the knot in the UK, Feehily added, “I absolutely think gay marriage should be legal in Ireland.”
The singer doesn’t rule out matrimony in the future, he said, “but for now, though, I can’t see it happening. It’s not something I would even think about.”
Feehily came out last year, having lived in the closet since Westlife became famous in 1998. At the time he said,”I am gay and I’m very proud of who I am. I’m not asking to be a role model to anyone else.”
from Gay Community News

No comments:

Post a Comment