Friday, March 2, 2007

Michael Savage Dropped By Creative Artists Agency

 Melissa Etheridge
Melissa Etheridge doesn't have to worry about running into one of radio's most antigay personalities when she's visiting her powerhouse agency, Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
TMZ reported earlier today that CAA recently signed Michael Savage, who hosts the conservative radio program Savage Nation.
Savage has a history of spewing homophobic rhetoric. Savage was fired from MSNBC in 2003 for referring to an unidentified caller to his weekend show on the cable channel as a "sodomite" who should "get AIDS and die." And just this week, he reportedly went off on Etheridge's Oscar win, because she had thanked her wife, Tammy Lynn Michaels, during her acceptance speech. "I don't like a woman married to a woman," he said, according to TMZ. "It makes me want to puke. I want to vomit when I hear it. I think it's child abuse."
It looks like Savage's life at CAA was short-lived. I just got word from CAA's rep, who said in an email, "No longer rep him."
Why on earth CAA thought it was a good idea to add Savage to its roster is beyond me. But I'm sure the agency's megawatt clients like Nicole Kidman, Glenn Close, Jennifer Aniston and Julia Roberts will be thrilled to learn Savage is no longer part of the family.
from E! Online

No comments:

Post a Comment