Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It's The Closest She'll Ever Come To A Condom

Michelle Lewis
UNITED KINGDOM - Horrified Michelle Lewis was violently ill after she bit into a Tesco cheese sandwich and found a condom inside.
The single office worker from Milton Keynes, Bucks, has contacted her doctor for tests after fearing she may have contracted a sexually transmitted disease.
The 28-year-old said she was disgusted when she bit into the £1.30 ploughman's sandwich and chomped down onto the unwrapped prophylactic which was hidden between the lettuce and tomato.
She was instantly sick and concerned colleagues contacted Tesco to complain.
Michelle said last night: "I bought the sandwich from the petrol station shop for my lunch while I was filling up my car.
I started to eat it while sitting at my desk. I had taken one bite out of the corner, which was fine.
When I took the second bite I felt something rubbery in my mouth. I ran to the sink and the condom was hanging out of the sandwich. I threw up in the toilet straight away.
"It is a disgusting and vile thing to put in a sandwich. If this was somebody's idea of a practical joke at the factory they are clearly very sick minded. This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened to me.
"This has put me off buying prepacked sandwiches for life. I shall bring my own in from on." The vegetarian sandwich, which claims to contain 'no artificial flavours', was in a sealed package when Michelle purchased it at the Tesco store Buckingham.
The condom, which did not appear to be used, was unwrapped from its foil covering and covered in Branston pickle.
Michelle, who works as a training assessor for Protocol Skills in Milton Keynes, contacted Environmental Services to take away the soiled sandwich.
She said: "My complaint to Tesco has been ignored. I just want someone to take it seriously but instead I had a manager telling me there was nothing they could do and it was just something that happened.
I was outraged by their attitude.
"Tesco is the largest grocery store in Britain and this sort of thing shouldn't happen." A spokesman for Tesco's store said: "We can't imagine how something like this would happen, but we will be carrying out an investigation with our supplier. We would like to apologise."
from MK News

No comments:

Post a Comment