Friday, September 22, 2006

Rupert Everett Says "Being Gay Is A Young Man's Game"

Rupert EverettLONDON, ENGLAND - For the most part, Rupert Everett says being gay after the age of 40 generally means you're history.
The 47-year-old actor, who is openly homosexual, says he is single because young gay men aren't interested in dating someone older than them. But that's not true, if they won't take him, we will!
Everett told Britain's Daily Telegraph magazine, "Unfortunately, I am single, yes, but I'm too exhausted for anything else and being gay is a young man's game. Now no one wants me. Being gay and being a woman has one big thing in common, which is that we both become invisible after the age of 42. Who wants a gay 50- year-old? No one let me tell you. I could set myself on fire in a gay bar, and people would just light their cigarettes from me."
The actor - who has just written his autobiography "Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins" - admits he wants to grow old gracefully, but he would like to find a boyfriend first.
He added, "I don't want to be carried out of a club wearing a tie-dye T-shirt and a cap on the wrong way around when I am 70, but I would like to settle down a bit, maybe with a partner. In some ways I do feel more settled, but now I want to take part in things."
from All Headline News






No comments:

Post a Comment