Sunday, July 10, 2005

Book: By The Light Of The Moon

Never having read any of Dean Koontz's number one best selling books I figured it was time. One that had been given to me was By The Light Of The Moon. For me this turned out to be one of the worst books that I have read. I read mostly suspense thrillers. This book adds science fiction on top of that, and that I don't like. I did finish the whole book just to be sure I wouldn't like it.


Dylan is a 29 year old artist traveling to art shows in the Southwest with his 20 year old autistic brother Shepherd. A crazed doctor attacks Dylan and injects him and his brother with stuff. The stuff, as the doctor describes to Dylan has a different effect on everyone. He tells him that he must leave because people are looking for him and will kill him. They will also kill anyone who has been injected by the doctor. Upon leaving he runs into Jillian, who is traveling doing stand up comedy clubs, and injects her too.
Dylan and Shep meetup with Jullian and the three of them take off running from the killers. They then start showing different effects to the drug and proceed to get in and out of bad situations.
The ending was horrible. It did explain all the loose ends, but it was just too sweet of an ending for me.


Perhaps later I will try another of Dean Koontz's books, but I will read the inside jacket first.

No comments:

Post a Comment