Thursday, October 13, 2005

Kristin Chenoweth: # 2 Of Top 10 Straight Advocates For Gay Rights

This is the second of a series of Bois that I will be posting over the next few days on the people that The Human Rights Campaign picked as the Top 10 Advocates For The Gay And Transgender Rights.

Kristin ChenowethKristin Chenoweth: (Tony winning actress and singer)

Ms. Chenoweth, who stars on NBC's the West Wing, has a new album, 2 major movie releases and four in production as well as a concert tour and performance appearance, has long been a vocal supporter of equal rights for the GLBT community. Since her earliest days on Broadway, she's worked with Broadway Cares: Equity Fights AIDS.
"As a straight person I’m coming out and I’m saying this is the way you’ve been made. This is the way I’ve been made. Please love me the way I am, because I love you the way you are," said Chenoweth.
Kristin Chenoweth grew up in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma . It was there, in church, that she first discovered her talent for singing – a talent that has now earned her international acclaim. She is a star of the Broadway community, where she recently won raves in the smash-hit musical Wicked, and where she won a Tony Award for her 1999 performance in You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown. She is also renowned in the Christian music community, where her recent album “As I Am” has been a huge hit since its release last April.

from Human Rights Campaign
Human Rights Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment